Aloha everyone! Welcome to my blog! I hope you enjoy your stay.... Have a wonderful day!

Monday, April 11, 2011

Vintage @ Whoopsi Daisy

Aloha everyone!
Hope you enjoying the spring weather wherever you are... In Hawaii we have a beautiful sunshine & breezy day :)

At Whoopsi Daisy, we have a new challenge for you. I know some of you love vintage and this is your time to show us your beautiful vintage creations. Ok to be honest this is my very first time to make a vintage card. For more inspirations please check out the DT's amazing creations, their blogs on my side bar. Thanks!
Linnie have a special offer for all of you, yes buy 1 sheet get 1 sheet free. How cool is that? Please check out for more info at Whoopsi Daisy store. And she added these amazing new images. I can't wait to try some of them.

Ok here is my first vintage card. This is my first time to used this technique too. I used old dictionary pages for collage background then used Mode Podge. I made my flower too from the dictionary pages. I added the doily, lace, pearls and buttons for embellishments. I'm so glad I had to try new things that I never did before. Thank you Audrey for this great challenge :) I love how my vintage cards turned out. I'll make more of vintage cards, I love it.

Joined challenges:
Anything Goes Pearls
Clear It Out Make a flower
Amber's Creations & Stuffs New technique
CCEE Add doily die/lace
Pixie Studio Lace it up
Scrap Creations Recipe- pick 3 flower, pearls & buttons

Here is my second vintage card. I used the Basic Grey pattern paper for the background. I recycled this corrugated paper from box and another recycled lace from old dress and made into flowers. I want to share the sketch I used in this card you can find it HERE you can find more sketch there :)

Joined challenges:
CES Monocromatic
Crafty Catz Embossing

Thank you for stopping by my blog and left your wonderful comments. I greatly appreciated.
Have a great day!

10 comments:

Kathryn said...

great cards, love the collage effects and the corrugated card, lovely girl images as well. Thanks for joining in with us at Anything Goes, K x

Rachel B said...

Absolutely stunning cards and your flowers are amazing! Thanks for sharing them with us at Clear It Out.

Anniebee said...

Great card, Rleen! I love the use of what appears to be old newspaper as the background. And of course, lace and pearls are almost a requirement of anything that's supposed to look old. Very nice! Thanks for sharing your new technique this week with us at Amber's Crafts and Stuff. I hope you'll join us again soon.

Anne

Unknown said...

such a beautiful card, love all the details to it. Thank you so much for playing with Clear it Out

Janette said...

Hi Rleen, Your card is gorgeous, thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz this week.x

Tamara Morton said...

Gorgeous card I adore all the textures you have used and the wonderful colour scheme. Thank you for joining us at Anything goes challenge blog
Hugs
Tamara

The Crazy Crafting Lady said...

Great looking vintage cards!

Thank you for trying out a new technique this week and sharing it with us at Amber's Crafts and Stuff.

~*~Amber~*~
www.amberscraftsandstuff.com

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Rleen
A beautiful card,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz on this week's challenge,
hugs Dianne xx

Marlene said...

Sweet card, Rleen! Just stopped by your digi blog and saw your gorgeous layout of your daughter, too. Beautiful.

Julie said...

Beautiful cards!! Love the colours!! Thanks for joining us at CES challenges, Juliexx